Monday, April 9, 2012

Macau: Senado Square & St. Paul's Ruins

We had only set 3 days for Macau and the first day was already taken by just getting there. On our second day, we decided to go to Senado Square and the Ruins of St. Paul's.

The Senado Square
Ruins of St. Paul's
When I searched about the things that one can do when in Macau, Senado Square was one thing that one should really do since it is considered to be the places where it is great to shop for souvenirs or branded items. Another thing is that the St. Dominic Church and Ruins of St. Paul's has the same location with it.

If you are staying at The Venetian or The Galaxy Hotel, you need not to spend money to get to Senado Square. All you have to do is get to The Galaxy (there is a free shuttle service from Venetian to Galaxy) and look for the "10th" route that goes to San Ma Lo (this is also for free). ^^, 

list of routes of Galaxy's free shuttle services

ROUTE 10

The Shuttle Bus to San Ma Lo
The bus will then drop you off at the Metropole Hotel which might shock you at first but here is a map to show you the path you should walk to get to Senado Square. ^.^ Simply follow the red line from A to B and you're there at Senado Square.

from Google Map
what you see to know you're there.. ^.^
Once at Senado Square, you will be greeted by familiar stores as well as tons of shops selling Macau delicacies and souvenirs. There are also a lot of people who talks aloud or shouts on the streets to make you notice the foods they are selling and there are also a lot of vendors who let you taste tons of almond cookies and jerkies for FREE! ^.^ (but be careful because some are quite persistent in making you buy what they are selling)..


you won't get lost that easily thanks to these helpful street signs..

never missing in action - McDonalds ^.^
just across it - Starbucks! :)
Bossini Store
 Just a few steps away from Starbucks is the Largo de S. Domingos or St. Dominic's Church...


one of the shots that I took of the church outside that I really loved.. ^^,
more of the road signs leading to Ruins of St. Paul's
When you see The Body Shop Store (the one on the photo above) you should turn left where it will lead you to the Ruins or walk straight if you have time. What we did was to walk straight first and came upon this quite old structure which once used to be a theatre but is now a place where there are a lot of people selling fruit juices, egg waffles, and sushi by piece! ^.^


the woman selling the egg waffles I bought from..

Sushi Store
This sushi store is really cool because it sells sushi for MOP/HKD 12 for 4 pcs. They hace different varieties of sushi and the sushi is also individually wrapped so you don't necessarily need to use chopsticks. I had mine to go since we still had to have lunch and go to the Ruins..

the wide variety of choices..

I like this shot a lot and the sushi are good too..
 After my sushi snack all of us had lunch which I will share more about on my next post..

So after lunch, we went to the Ruins and turned left when we saw The Body Shop and turned right when we reached the second corner..

When you see this store, walk straight and turn on the next corner..


This is the narrow street full of shops that leads to The Ruins... Just walk straight and fllow the flow of the other tourists.. ^^


Ruins of St. Paul's

Once I reached the top, this is the amazing view that I saw and immediately made me happy.. It was a wonderful view where you can see bits and pieces of the other famous places in Macau.


up close.. front
back..

At the back of the church, I saw a staircase that led to the almost top of it and I did climb the stairs on the side and saw a more wonderful scene and just took it in..


I went back down and took this picture where I wanted to portray the blend between the new and old structures of the City...

Another shot that I took that I also loved ^.^
me @ The Ruins of St. Paul's
 Beside the Ruins are the Macau Museum and the Fortress Armourial Gate, or the Mount Fortress. I no longer went to see what was there because of extreme tiredness. I had to go all the way up and I am not a big fan of steep stairs.. :)


More posts coming soon... ^.^

 

1 comment:

  1. inggit me.. :))) ganda ng mga pics! ganda rin nung ruins.. ang ganda nung the fact na almost perfect pa rin yung front part! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails