Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hong Kong : Shanghai Street

On my last day in Hong Kong, I challenged myself to walk around the streets of Hong Kong with just enough money to get back to the hotel and a map! My desired destination was Shanghai Street in Yau Ma Tai. Shanghai Street has a lot of stores that sells all kinds of cooking utensils and stuff that one may need.




I left our hotel at Sha Tin at 9:30am and was at Shanghai Street just in time when stores are already open :) I first thought that it was like Tabora in Divisoria which is a long street full of shops but I was wrong. It was actually just a short portion of the whole Shanghai Street but it was still worth the travel, because each store seems to have their own specialty and when summed up becomes a complete set!


I was only able to take few photos from this trip because I forgot to transfer my memory card from the laptop to my digicam... I first read about Shanghai Street from Mochachocolata-Rita way before we even planned about this trip and by the time we did start planning about it, I came upon another post from ShootFirstEatLater about this that made me want to be there more.


Basically, the short walk is composed of stores facing each other selling a variety of items from catering, baking, to simple utensils you may need. ^.^ The store I really loved and loked was I  ♥ Cake! I loved the exterior and interior ambiance it had and the things they sell where some of which are very much unique for me. 





I bought this cookie cutter with its own labeler which I thought was really good for personalized butter cookies or cookies that can easily show the pressed letters. :) I also bought some birthday candles, a "happy birthday" design you can put on a cake and more. Some of which I forgot as of now! :) I also wanted to buy me a mooncake molder but thought twice because I can't find a design I really liked. :) 


If you would like to go to where I went, go to Yau Ma Tei MTR Station and use the Exit B2 and just follow the blue line :)

I  ♥ Cake
G/F, 338 Shanghai Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
FB: I Love Cake HK
http://www.ilovecake.hk/



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails