i bought. i read. i donated.
books..
During the last weekend plus today, I bought three books that interested me. The first one was Ellen's newly published book entitled, Seriously... I'm Kidding. The other two books are One Day by David Nicholls which I really wanted to but a copy of ever since the movie was shown. I haven't watched the movie yet, and I'm planning to read the book first before watching it, since it is already tried and tested that books that are turned into a film is far better when read than watched! The last book from my splurge is John Grisham's The Partner. There really isn't any reason for this purchase but I am currently and once again addicted to the TV series Law and Order (do you know that TV series?). Its where lawyers defend their case and there are also detectives who investigate a case. Sometimes the case goes through a trial while on other episodes, the criminal just end up dying even before he gets caught! (I'm rambling already, sorry about that)
Anyways, I thought that since I am currently interested in a law kind of stuff and shows. Why not try reading one :) John Grisham is known for lawyer related novels and since I saw a bargain at Booksale, I immediately bought one.. I bought Ellen's book and John's book on the same day which was yesterday..
I just can't stop myself in buying Ellen's book because she kept on talking about it on her show and since it was on a bargain (thanks to Citibank).. I just can't help but buy it. It is still quite pricey but just like what I have said a while ago, I can't help and stop myself. And guess what?! It is also the 9th book I have read this year! Yup! I finished the book in less than a day..
Seriously..I'm Kidding gets 4.5 out of 5. I am a bit sad because it wasn't something that I really expected but it sure was a great read! There were times when you really can't stop yourself to smile all by yourself. I was reading this book at my school while I was falling in line for my enrollment and I was able to finish it! 4 hours to be exact ^.^ Imagine how I looked when I was smiling and even laughing by myself! o.O haha.. It is also my first time to read a book that is not romantic or fictional. It's the first book where there are A LOT of stories (mostly funny ones) that are binded together in one great book!!! You must read this when you feel like you want to relax. It actually feels like you are reading Ellen's script for her show. That's how hilarious and funny this book is! It would also be a great gift to your friends who have the same sense of humor like yours.. ^^, This book is totally recommended to everyone and you too should read it and learn and laugh!!
I also donated books to my school's library today. Most of the books were from my previous classes. While I was donating them, the librarian was like interrogating me. She asked me where the books came from, why I wanted to donate it, am I a student of FEU and did I use the books.. Scary but at least she took it! :)
I also donated books to my school's library today. Most of the books were from my previous classes. While I was donating them, the librarian was like interrogating me. She asked me where the books came from, why I wanted to donate it, am I a student of FEU and did I use the books.. Scary but at least she took it! :)
2 more days to go before OJT starts.. Really hoping that everything will go smoothly! ^.^
p.s. happy happy birthday to my dad! It's his 61st.. ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment