Making my goals accomplished, I cooked sweet and sour fish fillet this morning and I used another recipe for the sauce and actually got it from my Yummy Magazine ^^. I find this recipe very easy to make and not only that, but it also tastes great!
So without saying anything more, here is the recipe.
For the fillets:
450 g fish fillet (I used dory fillets)
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups cooking oil
For the vegetables:
half of an onion
carrots
2 cloves garlic
onion leeks
red or green bell peppers
pineapple tidbits
For the sauce!
2 Tbsp cane vinegar
1/4 c. pineapple syrup or juice
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. tomato ketchup
1 bay leaf (optional)
2 T. sweet and chili sauce
1 cup water
*1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 1/2 T. water
Procedure:
Slice your fillets to bite size and season it with salt and pepper. After that coat the fillets with the beaten egg and dredge it or roll it in the cornstarch until well coated. In a frying pan with hot oil. Place the fillet pieces and wait until it is golden brown on both sides. Then set it aside.
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and let it come to a boil and reduce a little. Once it boils, add in the cornstarch solution then stir continuously until sauce thickens.
You can now add in the friedgfillets and vegetables. Place over a bowl of rice, garnish with thinly sliced leeks then serve and enjoy! :)
* I added more ketchup so that it can have a redder color.
* I did not use that much oil for frying. It all depends on you.
* You can also add carrots but I didn't like so I omitted it. ^.^
* Instead of fish, you can pair it with prawns! yum!
Something great when paired with plain rice! :) Try it. Okay?!

No comments:
Post a Comment