I can't believe that tonight is already new year's eve! I also can't believe that I am having a hard time saying so long or goodbye to this year! T.T 2010 has been a good year to me and even though there were bad stuff or unfortunate stuff that happened to me, I am still thankful of what I have become this year. I feel like I really have learned a lot and matured a lot. I know that at some point, I am starting to have a little vision of what He wants out of my life.
I was also able to accomplish some of my new year resolutions which I have shared with you on one of my January posts. Here it is again for one last time and I shall tell you if I was able to accomplish my goals. ^^
(v) - I really want to baptized this year!!
(x) - I also want to lose some weight..
(v) - I hope I can find another way to have income aside from my "weekly allowance"
(x) - I hope that I can do my devotion everyday..
(x) - I hope to be able to attend church regularly and also be a part of YPF!
(v) - I really really want to travel again this year.. maybe HK or China??
(x) - If I get baptized this year, I hope I can juggle in Church Choir..
(v) - I hope I can do well in my studies.... Excel if I can
(v)- I plan to vote this year but I don't know who to vote for YET.
(-) - hmm... what else?? I plan to... save money..
(-) - I hope I will be more disciplined this year :)
Out of 11 resolutions, I was able to put a "(v)" on 5 of them and 2 "(-)". "(-)" means that I am not really sure if I was able to accomplish, because I feel like I'm in the middle. ^^
First and foremost I was already baptized this year and I praise God for helping me with this and that He was there in every step I took so as to be baptized. Second, I was able to find another way to get income and that is through my part-time tutoring of 2 kids. ^^ Third, thanks to my uncle's birthday I was able to travel last August to Hong Kong and maybe I can squeeze in Baguio even if it was just within the country. To be able to travel is a luxury for most people and to be able to experience it this year is something I am very much thankful for. Traveling (for me) is somehow related to learning and experiencing other cultures and honing oneself to other people's culture so (for me) it is a good investment/ experience. ^^
Fourth, I think I am doing well in my studies, I mean, I'm not failing any subjects so therefore, I am doing good. Contentment is something I learned when I got to college or even before I was still in high school. These days, people don't really care about your grades (though they must be good), they also take a look at one's personality, attitudes and totality as a person. I'm not saying that we should not take our studies seriously, all that I'm saying is that we must have that balance of school work and fun. Everyone should give their best in everything that they do and if they fail, they must see it as an opportunity to learning more rather that staying where they are and just cry over it. Which leads me to another topic, crying. Crying over something is not bad and is not totally good. Its not bad because it helps people pour out their emotions. Its not that all good because, some people don't know how to put an end to it. I believe that we should learn when to get over something and move on. If its about achieving something materialistic, try harder the next time opportunity knocks! ^^ And keep your family and friends close cause they will help you get through all the hardships you will face! ^^ (trust me on this!)
Lastly, I was able to be a voter this year. I participated in the first ever automated national election of our country. It really isn't that big of a deal but to be able to say that you were a part of that historical event of my country makes me a little proud! Change is a good thing if its for the betterment of the individual. And this year, I changed a lot (base on my observation together with other people's observations), and I truly hope that we will all agree that I have changed for a better me. :)
Now that I have evaluated myself through my resolutions and I have seen that there are still some resolutions undone. I must carry it over to year 2011! ~.~ (especially some particulars)...
Hmm.. What else can I say? I just can't say goodbye to year 2010 yet because a lot of GREAT MEMORIES (check my whole blog for this year) has been made and given to my life. By the next time I will post something here, it's already 2-0-1-1!!! T.T I guess everything does have to come to an end, especially 2010! I just have to remind myself that 2011 is gonna be a greater year for me as it holds a lot of surprises, trials and problems! All things happen for the better of me! (and yours too!) T.T I guess this is it, goodbye 2010! I will remember you forever!
To all who has been a part of this great year of mine, from the bottom of my heart and soul, THANK YOU! ^^,
take care and God bless...

I was also able to accomplish some of my new year resolutions which I have shared with you on one of my January posts. Here it is again for one last time and I shall tell you if I was able to accomplish my goals. ^^
(v) - I really want to baptized this year!!
(x) - I also want to lose some weight..
(v) - I hope I can find another way to have income aside from my "weekly allowance"
(x) - I hope that I can do my devotion everyday..
(x) - I hope to be able to attend church regularly and also be a part of YPF!
(v) - I really really want to travel again this year.. maybe HK or China??
(x) - If I get baptized this year, I hope I can juggle in Church Choir..
(v) - I hope I can do well in my studies.... Excel if I can
(v)- I plan to vote this year but I don't know who to vote for YET.
(-) - hmm... what else?? I plan to... save money..
(-) - I hope I will be more disciplined this year :)

Out of 11 resolutions, I was able to put a "(v)" on 5 of them and 2 "(-)". "(-)" means that I am not really sure if I was able to accomplish, because I feel like I'm in the middle. ^^
First and foremost I was already baptized this year and I praise God for helping me with this and that He was there in every step I took so as to be baptized. Second, I was able to find another way to get income and that is through my part-time tutoring of 2 kids. ^^ Third, thanks to my uncle's birthday I was able to travel last August to Hong Kong and maybe I can squeeze in Baguio even if it was just within the country. To be able to travel is a luxury for most people and to be able to experience it this year is something I am very much thankful for. Traveling (for me) is somehow related to learning and experiencing other cultures and honing oneself to other people's culture so (for me) it is a good investment/ experience. ^^
Fourth, I think I am doing well in my studies, I mean, I'm not failing any subjects so therefore, I am doing good. Contentment is something I learned when I got to college or even before I was still in high school. These days, people don't really care about your grades (though they must be good), they also take a look at one's personality, attitudes and totality as a person. I'm not saying that we should not take our studies seriously, all that I'm saying is that we must have that balance of school work and fun. Everyone should give their best in everything that they do and if they fail, they must see it as an opportunity to learning more rather that staying where they are and just cry over it. Which leads me to another topic, crying. Crying over something is not bad and is not totally good. Its not bad because it helps people pour out their emotions. Its not that all good because, some people don't know how to put an end to it. I believe that we should learn when to get over something and move on. If its about achieving something materialistic, try harder the next time opportunity knocks! ^^ And keep your family and friends close cause they will help you get through all the hardships you will face! ^^ (trust me on this!)
Lastly, I was able to be a voter this year. I participated in the first ever automated national election of our country. It really isn't that big of a deal but to be able to say that you were a part of that historical event of my country makes me a little proud! Change is a good thing if its for the betterment of the individual. And this year, I changed a lot (base on my observation together with other people's observations), and I truly hope that we will all agree that I have changed for a better me. :)
Now that I have evaluated myself through my resolutions and I have seen that there are still some resolutions undone. I must carry it over to year 2011! ~.~ (especially some particulars)...
Hmm.. What else can I say? I just can't say goodbye to year 2010 yet because a lot of GREAT MEMORIES (check my whole blog for this year) has been made and given to my life. By the next time I will post something here, it's already 2-0-1-1!!! T.T I guess everything does have to come to an end, especially 2010! I just have to remind myself that 2011 is gonna be a greater year for me as it holds a lot of surprises, trials and problems! All things happen for the better of me! (and yours too!) T.T
To all who has been a part of this great year of mine, from the bottom of my heart and soul, THANK YOU! ^^,
take care and God bless...

It's good to have resolutions. I never did :S
ReplyDelete