My mom made chicken salad days ago and had some chicken stock left at the refrigerator and since I love noodles so much I made myself some Cabbage and Mushroom Noodle Soup yesterday. :) I also made me another one for today's lunch and I just love it because it is very easy to cook and yummy at the same time! :) So here is the recipe!
Cabbage and Mushroom Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
2 cups of Chicken Stock
a handful of rice noodles (or noodle of your choice)
3 pcs. Dried Shitake Mushroom (soaked in hot water until tender), sliced into strips
1 pc. Dried Scallop (also soaked in hot water)
3 cabbage leaves sliced into strips or tear into pieces
salt and white pepper to taste
6 strips of ginger (optional)
Procedure:
1. Bring the chicken stock to a boil with the ginger in it (not simmering but boiling).
2. Add in the rice noodles, then the shitake mushrooms and scallop. Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked.
3. Put the cabbage leaves on top and season with a little salt and a dash of white pepper.
4. Stir the cabbage leaves in and cook until cabbage are half cooked.
5. Serve hot!
*my notes:
- I like to add the ginger because it gives the stock a little kick instead of just being a plain chicken soup. It somehow becomes a little spicy or a taste I just can't explain.
- Make sure that the mushroom and scallops are soaked for enough time so that it will be tender.
- a dash of pepper is necessary so as to compliment the taste of the ginger in the soup.
- I prefer the cabbage leaves to be half cooked so as to still get the crisp of it!
- This recipe will only take 20 minutes max! From preparation to cooking time.. (Eating time is another story! ^^)
I hope that you will try this recipe soon and do share with me your thoughts... ^^, It's already December and it sure is getting chilly out there so make this to warm up your body..
take care and God bless...

Cabbage and Mushroom Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
2 cups of Chicken Stock
a handful of rice noodles (or noodle of your choice)
3 pcs. Dried Shitake Mushroom (soaked in hot water until tender), sliced into strips
1 pc. Dried Scallop (also soaked in hot water)
3 cabbage leaves sliced into strips or tear into pieces
salt and white pepper to taste
6 strips of ginger (optional)
Procedure:
1. Bring the chicken stock to a boil with the ginger in it (not simmering but boiling).
2. Add in the rice noodles, then the shitake mushrooms and scallop. Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked.
3. Put the cabbage leaves on top and season with a little salt and a dash of white pepper.
4. Stir the cabbage leaves in and cook until cabbage are half cooked.
5. Serve hot!
*my notes:
- I like to add the ginger because it gives the stock a little kick instead of just being a plain chicken soup. It somehow becomes a little spicy or a taste I just can't explain.
- Make sure that the mushroom and scallops are soaked for enough time so that it will be tender.
- a dash of pepper is necessary so as to compliment the taste of the ginger in the soup.
- I prefer the cabbage leaves to be half cooked so as to still get the crisp of it!
- This recipe will only take 20 minutes max! From preparation to cooking time.. (Eating time is another story! ^^)
I hope that you will try this recipe soon and do share with me your thoughts... ^^, It's already December and it sure is getting chilly out there so make this to warm up your body..
take care and God bless...


No comments:
Post a Comment