Last Friday, my college friends and I headed to Banchetto to celebrate our Christmas party! And the story of what happened that day goes something like this...
Before heading to Banchetto, my friend K, N, G and I decided to meet up at Greenhills Shopping Center and have a stroll first since it was still quite early. I was the first one who arrived there so I went to Promenade and waited for them @ Fuzion (a smoothie cafe). While I was there, I ordered a Mango-Banana Fruit Shake which was something new in their menu, and all I've got to say is that it looks a whole lot better than it tastes. The lesson I learned from this is that I must stick with the familiar or old mixes. It costs me Php 109 for this one and I'm just sad that I bought something I did not like. ): But there is a bright side though, there was a new store along Promenade that made me very happy and that is, Happy Lemon! I shall tell you more about my visit in this store on my next post... :)
After having a delicious drink there, we went to Shopsville and the tiangge area where there are a lot of stalls selling dresses, shirts, bags, hats, and many other stuff. We bought ourselves a few things that we liked and loved... I bought myself a very cute necklace which costs Php130 (with haggling ^^). The original price was Php 180. So you guys should really bring your game face whenever you are shoppping at Greenhills so that you can buy the stuff you want at the price you deserve and here's my tip: slash the price to half and work your way up by adding 10s, and stop where you and the seller meets. ^.^ We also went to the night market being held in front of the Christmas on Display(COD)... The stuff being sold there is similar with what is being sold inside I'm just not that sure if its cheaper or not. Since we were already there, we watched the COD and it was good even if the sounds were too loud. After which, we were now on our way to Banchetto which was the highlight of the evening.
We rode an FX going there that cost us Php 50/head. It's not that bad considering the long line we skipped because the driver directly asked us on where we were headed( *Greenhills to Banchetto will only take around 20 - 30 minutes).
Banchetto is an Italian word for "feast" and is situated at Emerald Avenue in Ortigas (In Front of Strata 2000 Bldg.). It was created to attract call center agents around the area but it seems that everyone around the Metro wants to try it and that "everyone" included us! Banchetto starts at exactly 12 midnight on Fridays and goes on until 11am of Saturday. It is an overnight feast where different people sells all kinds of foods you can think of, whether it be Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Western or even Vegetarian or Mexican. ^^,
We arrived at Emerald Avenue at around 11.15pm and even though it was still early, tents are already up and some of the sellers are already setting up their foods. Tables and chairs are limited but since we were there early, we were able to get us a table and 8 chairs ^.^ (I therefore suggest that you go there early, around 11.30pm, if you know that you will be needing tables and chairs). Another FYI! Chairs and tables are set-up at the end of the banchetto area and is already at Emerald Avenue corner Garnet Road. It was starting to get brighter by the minute and by the time it was already 12 midnight, a lot of people started showing up out of nowhere and walking along the food stalls. :o
There were 8 of us, so we divided ourselves into groups that will go and have a look around. We were the last ones and these are some of the pictures I took while I was walking with the other hundreds of people (no exaggeration included)!

some tempura and yummy salmons


my Thai rice

Chicken BBQ with Jave Rice

Salisbury Steak with Pasta and Mashed Potato + Fruit Shake
take care and God bless...

Before heading to Banchetto, my friend K, N, G and I decided to meet up at Greenhills Shopping Center and have a stroll first since it was still quite early. I was the first one who arrived there so I went to Promenade and waited for them @ Fuzion (a smoothie cafe). While I was there, I ordered a Mango-Banana Fruit Shake which was something new in their menu, and all I've got to say is that it looks a whole lot better than it tastes. The lesson I learned from this is that I must stick with the familiar or old mixes. It costs me Php 109 for this one and I'm just sad that I bought something I did not like. ): But there is a bright side though, there was a new store along Promenade that made me very happy and that is, Happy Lemon! I shall tell you more about my visit in this store on my next post... :)
After having a delicious drink there, we went to Shopsville and the tiangge area where there are a lot of stalls selling dresses, shirts, bags, hats, and many other stuff. We bought ourselves a few things that we liked and loved... I bought myself a very cute necklace which costs Php130 (with haggling ^^). The original price was Php 180. So you guys should really bring your game face whenever you are shoppping at Greenhills so that you can buy the stuff you want at the price you deserve and here's my tip: slash the price to half and work your way up by adding 10s, and stop where you and the seller meets. ^.^ We also went to the night market being held in front of the Christmas on Display(COD)... The stuff being sold there is similar with what is being sold inside I'm just not that sure if its cheaper or not. Since we were already there, we watched the COD and it was good even if the sounds were too loud. After which, we were now on our way to Banchetto which was the highlight of the evening.
We rode an FX going there that cost us Php 50/head. It's not that bad considering the long line we skipped because the driver directly asked us on where we were headed( *Greenhills to Banchetto will only take around 20 - 30 minutes).
Banchetto is an Italian word for "feast" and is situated at Emerald Avenue in Ortigas (In Front of Strata 2000 Bldg.). It was created to attract call center agents around the area but it seems that everyone around the Metro wants to try it and that "everyone" included us! Banchetto starts at exactly 12 midnight on Fridays and goes on until 11am of Saturday. It is an overnight feast where different people sells all kinds of foods you can think of, whether it be Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Western or even Vegetarian or Mexican. ^^,
We arrived at Emerald Avenue at around 11.15pm and even though it was still early, tents are already up and some of the sellers are already setting up their foods. Tables and chairs are limited but since we were there early, we were able to get us a table and 8 chairs ^.^ (I therefore suggest that you go there early, around 11.30pm, if you know that you will be needing tables and chairs). Another FYI! Chairs and tables are set-up at the end of the banchetto area and is already at Emerald Avenue corner Garnet Road. It was starting to get brighter by the minute and by the time it was already 12 midnight, a lot of people started showing up out of nowhere and walking along the food stalls. :o
There were 8 of us, so we divided ourselves into groups that will go and have a look around. We were the last ones and these are some of the pictures I took while I was walking with the other hundreds of people (no exaggeration included)!

some tempura and yummy salmons

buying ourselves salmon
After buying the foods we wanted, we went back to our table and literally had a feast with what our friends had bought for themselves. I bought Thai Rice (Php 65), my friends on the other hand bought, Chicken BBQ with Java Rice (Php 90), Salmon with Rice and Veggies (Php110), Baked Tahong, Sweet and Spicy Prawns, Pasta, and drinks. ^^, Here are more pictures before I go on with my story. ^^

my Thai rice

Chicken BBQ with Jave Rice

Salisbury Steak with Pasta and Mashed Potato + Fruit Shake
This is starting to become a very long post! So just to sum it all up, Banchetto is a must-try for everyone who loves eating food together with their friends or family. It truly is a feast for everyone and whatever happens there, will surely be unforgettable! There are a lot of food choices and anyone can surely find something they want to have at very reasonable and affordable prices. My Thai rice was really good and was a very big serving for only Php 65! Unlike with the Fuzion experience, the taste of the Thai rice is so much better than how it looks in the picture. :)
*Some cons of Banchetto and how you can get over it:
- There seems to be no comfort room around, so you better do you business before getting there. :)
- Banchetto's dining area lacks lighting but all's well! ^^
- It's too crowded at the start of the feast so wait until there are less people looking around before heading towards the food stalls..
- It's all about having your own game plan! :D hahaha...
I hope that I have made you want to go and have a Banchetto experience yourselves. For more details here is the link to their official Multiply Site and Facebook Fan Page! :) Happy holidays everyone! ^^
*Some cons of Banchetto and how you can get over it:
- There seems to be no comfort room around, so you better do you business before getting there. :)
- Banchetto's dining area lacks lighting but all's well! ^^
- It's too crowded at the start of the feast so wait until there are less people looking around before heading towards the food stalls..
- It's all about having your own game plan! :D hahaha...
I hope that I have made you want to go and have a Banchetto experience yourselves. For more details here is the link to their official Multiply Site and Facebook Fan Page! :) Happy holidays everyone! ^^










Dennis Villegas style ah hahaha! The more I read, the more I am confused kung kaninong blog ito hahaha!!! Nice job. :) Todo enjoy nung Friday ah! hahaha! Sana next time tayo tayo rin! :DDD
ReplyDeletedon't worry! malapit na rin tayo! I'm making plans for next week.. matuloy siya sana! :D thank you so much for your touching comment! :*
ReplyDelete