I know that it is quite late for me to post about this event, but a promise is a promise and up until now, I can't seem to get over this wonderful and sumptuous food event! ^^,
Last Saturday, May 21, as what I have told you in my previous post, I attended the greatest cooking and eating fair this May which is the yummyEATS!!! And I am still and will always be forever grateful to Ms. Rowena of Animetric's World for giving me the golden ticket! :D Its just a downside that I wasn't able to meet and thank her personally :\
So... as I arrived at the NBC Tent, I was amazed at how small the venue was and yet, the yummy people could fit all the concessionaires (and there were a lot!) in it without even sacrificing the cooling system! ^o^
The next thing I did was to register and claim my ticket and the food eating and be merry stuff begins! The game plan is to try all the concessionaires offerings while it lasts and till I get full!
This post would be a very long one if I am to tell you about each concessionaire that joined the event so I have decided to just tell you about my favorite ones! ^.^
#1 The first booth that I checked out that day which was Mochiko! Even though I love eating and trying out new foods, I must honestly say that it is my first time to try Mochiko's famous Mochi... And as it turned out, I loved it! Especially the Azuki Mochi since I love anything red bean flavored! :D And since the weather outside was warm, every bite of Mochiko's ice-cream filled Mochi was the greatest feeling I felt that moment!!! :) They also have other Mochi flavors like: coffee, grean tea, black sesame, and more...
#2 The second concessionaire that I loved was truly and positively a love at first bite... Simply Pie! offers both sweet and savory pies that are truly worth a try (I noticed that it rhymes)! I love how each quiche I tried instantly gave me that soft and comforting feeling that makes me want more of it.. That day's specials were, Spinach Feta and Sun Dried Tomato, Mushroom & Sour Cream, and Bacon & Gruyere Quiche (my favorite). And since I DID wanted to have more, I bought a box of 9 (3 of each kind) and when I got home that day, my mom also liked the Bacon and Gruyere one! (each quiche costs Php 38 = worth it!)
#3 Merry Moo Ice Cream... What I really liked was their Caramel with Sea Salt Ice Cream because it wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be and not as salty as I also thought it would be... There were only hints of saltiness and as I indulged over it, it started tasting like a coffee flavored ice cream which I think is really interesting and makes you wanna take another spoonful of it one after the other... :D And this is simply the reason why I love Merry Moo Ice Cream.... :)
#4 Now, to something artistic and fun! Little "Miss" OC Kitchen was definitely one of the most interesting and coolest concessionaire in the event.. And I think I would just let the photos speak for themselves! You can even check out their website for more photos of their great works that will surely amaze you... :)
#6 As many of as knows and admits, Starbucks never fails to make a good impact on its customers and I was impressed with their set-up during the e, and it made me wonder what would happen if they had those in school and malls that are small ones where they could just skip the dining area part.. I mean I think it would be a great idea.. :) Who wants fast Starbucks drink??? (I do!)
#8 The FIC Ice Cream Truck outside the venue proper serving free scoop of ice cream was really one way to catch the attention of everyone passing through the street.. I tried their newest flavor which is the Lemon Crumble and it was superb, perfect to fight the summer heat.. It was great that I am running out of words to describe it.. ^^ It was surely the best way to enjoy the end of the greatest food event of the year! :D
I also got the chance to meet two new friends during the event and they are Kaye and Bibs. They are both from Bicol which really shocked me because they came all the way from their place just to join this event, which I also think is really amazing! :D They were really nice and were even the first one who talked to me since they noticed that I was alone.. ^^ Thanks Kaye and Bibs!!
To close this very long post, I just want to say that I am really looking forward for the next yummyEATS and for any other events Yummy is gonna come up with! And this was definitely a memorable one!
for more photos click here! ^.^
#1 The first booth that I checked out that day which was Mochiko! Even though I love eating and trying out new foods, I must honestly say that it is my first time to try Mochiko's famous Mochi... And as it turned out, I loved it! Especially the Azuki Mochi since I love anything red bean flavored! :D And since the weather outside was warm, every bite of Mochiko's ice-cream filled Mochi was the greatest feeling I felt that moment!!! :) They also have other Mochi flavors like: coffee, grean tea, black sesame, and more...
#2 The second concessionaire that I loved was truly and positively a love at first bite... Simply Pie! offers both sweet and savory pies that are truly worth a try (I noticed that it rhymes)! I love how each quiche I tried instantly gave me that soft and comforting feeling that makes me want more of it.. That day's specials were, Spinach Feta and Sun Dried Tomato, Mushroom & Sour Cream, and Bacon & Gruyere Quiche (my favorite). And since I DID wanted to have more, I bought a box of 9 (3 of each kind) and when I got home that day, my mom also liked the Bacon and Gruyere one! (each quiche costs Php 38 = worth it!)
#4 Now, to something artistic and fun! Little "Miss" OC Kitchen was definitely one of the most interesting and coolest concessionaire in the event.. And I think I would just let the photos speak for themselves! You can even check out their website for more photos of their great works that will surely amaze you... :)
they're so cute I'm gonna die.. :))
#5 Big Daddy's Chicken has been a favorite of mine for a very long time because what they offer never fails to bring back fond memories of Taiwan's night markets and Taiwan foods! Their Fried Chicken Fillet is something that is totally similar to what we eat at Taiwan. Its flavor and crunchiness is really something that makes every bite a great one! :)#6 As many of as knows and admits, Starbucks never fails to make a good impact on its customers and I was impressed with their set-up during the e, and it made me wonder what would happen if they had those in school and malls that are small ones where they could just skip the dining area part.. I mean I think it would be a great idea.. :) Who wants fast Starbucks drink??? (I do!)
#8 The FIC Ice Cream Truck outside the venue proper serving free scoop of ice cream was really one way to catch the attention of everyone passing through the street.. I tried their newest flavor which is the Lemon Crumble and it was superb, perfect to fight the summer heat.. It was great that I am running out of words to describe it.. ^^ It was surely the best way to enjoy the end of the greatest food event of the year! :D
I also got the chance to meet two new friends during the event and they are Kaye and Bibs. They are both from Bicol which really shocked me because they came all the way from their place just to join this event, which I also think is really amazing! :D They were really nice and were even the first one who talked to me since they noticed that I was alone.. ^^ Thanks Kaye and Bibs!!
To close this very long post, I just want to say that I am really looking forward for the next yummyEATS and for any other events Yummy is gonna come up with! And this was definitely a memorable one!
for more photos click here! ^.^


Yaay! I'm glad you enjoyed! Was able to meet two of the Yummy Eats winners, wish I could've met you too! :D
ReplyDelete