Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fried Shrimp and Chicken Balls




So this Saturday, I was inspired by Mochachocolata-Rita to do these easy Fried Shrimp and Chicken Balls... :) Since we have all the ingredients around, I told my mom that I was gonna make one dish for lunch and so I did! :) In the end, they (my mom and dad) did not like the result but I was okay with it! (practice makes perfect) :) So here is the recipe taken from Mochachocolata-Rita ^^

- 200 gr ground pork/chicken
- 200 gr small shrimp meat, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, 1 shallot, minced (and I didn't use green onion)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 egg
- oil for frying

1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat up oil in a frying pot, shape mixture using two tablespoon and fry until golden brown.

It really was easy and preparing was also not that hard, though here are some of my insights! :D
- I used less white pepper and fish sauce. (because my parents are scared of "too salty" foods)
- I put a little breadcrumbs to the mixture to make it more sticky and be easily molded into balls.
- I did put a whole lot more cornstarch or corn flour because that's what my mom told me :))

Even though I was not that successful, I will not lose hope and will surely try to make more of these in the near future! :D

You should try it too since it's easy! :D

p.s. I uses bbq sticks to play with it a little ^^. Lastly, I used a dipping sauce called 甜不辣 or "sweet not spicy" sauce!! ^^

Tomorrow's Mother's Day! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails