Thursday, August 12, 2010

7pm dinner: Ebi Tempura

Okay! So after I posted my last post, I got so excited that I immediately went to the kitchen and prepared for this dish! :)) So here is my summary for cooking Ebi Tempura. First and foremost it is very easy to prepare and cook there are just a few steps you need to follow and you can have for yourselves crispy and yummy ebi tempura! Thanks to Ms. Connie Veneracion, because it was from her blog that I got the recipe for this dish! ^^, Preparing for this dish will only take around 15-20 minutes while cooking/frying time only takes around 5 minutes. And as always when I am out of words to say, all I can do is to show you the pictures I took while making this dish! :D Plus! Its on a step-by-step process so you can surely try this for yourself! :D Enjoy!

*note: I edited the measurements of the original recipe because I used a different size of shrimp and the measurements are just not the same...

Ingredients:
Serves around 3-4

8 medium-sized prawns (heads removed, shelled, and slit in half vertically so as to yield more)
salt
1/2 c. of flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. of panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
3 to 4 c. of vegetable oil for deep-frying

*note: try to use less amount of flour and breadcrumbs, just add more if it is lacking so as not to waste them when there is an excess... ^^,

Procedures:

1. Remove the heads and shells of the prawns except the tail part.


2. Slice the prawns vertically in the middle so as to have a bigger portion. (do not cut through the whole thing! ^^,)

3. Season each with VERY LITTLE amount of salt.

4. Refrigerate the prawns while you prepare the following ingredients, flour, beaten egg, and the Japanese breadcrumbs.

5. Once you have prepared these ingredients, first dredge it with flour then dip it into the egg and lastly fully coat it with the Japanese breadcrumbs. (Look at the pic from right to left^^,) (I have a magazine page underneath so as to make cleaning easier ^^.)

6. While doing the 5th procedure, you must start heating up your oil so that once your finish, you can immediately fry it. As the saying goes, "fry until golden brown"!

7. And voila! (don't forget to strain all the excess oil!) ^^.

*my notes:
*I used this brand of Japanese breadcrumbs and it cost me Php36.75 (From SM Supermarket). I really do believe that this made my ebi tempuras very crispy and less oily! :)

*when doing the 5th procedure, you might want to use thongs and forks, so as not to use your bare hands which can cause a big mess :)
*In my pictures, there is a sauce in it which is made up of Kikoman Soy Sauce and sugar BUT let me tell you, it doesn't taste good, it actually makes the tempura very salty. So if you want to look for the recipe for the tempura sauce, check out Ms. Veneracion's blog :)

I am really tired of all the uploading that I did haha..! My next cooking venture is still unknown so for now all I can say is goodbye! :D

take care and God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails