Since I had some leftover-for-ages fettuccine pasta, I thought of cooking myself spaghetti. I also decided that since I wanted something a bit healthier, ^.^ I used tuna instead of the usual meat like pork. In my opinion, this is quite easy to make. While I was making this, the whole kitchen started smelling like an Italian kitchen and it was really nice to have a change of having a western aroma around.
The basil oil (or just how I want to call it) is made by putting minced basil on a bowl of olive oil. It can actually last longer and the essence of the basil leaf is still there. You can put it on a container if you plan to use it for a longer period of time.
So here is the recipe! ^.^
Tuna Fettuccine with Basil Oil Tomato Pasta
- basil oil
- 1/4 of an onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a can of tuna chunks, drained (I used century tuna in vegetable oil)
- tomato sauce
- tomato, diced
- salt and pepper
- 250 g fettuccine pasta
Cook the pasta according to package instructions bu I did add salt and oil to my water.
For the sauce, sautee the onions until its a bit translucent then add the garlic and some of the basil oil. You can decide on how much of the basil oil you want to add. Definitely no measurements required). After that, place the drained tuna chunks and cook for a while. Add in the tomato chunks as well as the tomato sauce. Let it simmer while adding salt and pepper and sugar if you please. :)
Once the pasta is cooked you can now put it together with the sauce and voila! Tuna Fettuccine with Basil Oil Tomato Pasta!
Godere! ^.^
the absolute comfort food! i loveeee! i have a bag of heart shaped pasta but still wondering what to do with them...
ReplyDeleteooh valentine's day is coming up.. red sauce something spicy ^.^ what do you think?
ReplyDelete