Ingredients:
400 g. Penne Pasta
100 g. Fresh Basil, washed
220 mL Virgin Olive Oil
25 g. Pine Nuts
20 g. Garlic, roughly minced
50 g. bottled or fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
60 mL Honey
200 g. Bacon, chopped
75 g. Sun Dried Tomatoes or Pesto Sun Dried Tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Procedure:
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. (around 1o minutes)
2. Blanch the basil leaves and shock in cold water.
3. Drain out excess water and place the blanched basil leaves into the blender together with the pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and half of the oil.
4. Puree on medium speed to high speed. Add more of the oil while pureeing.
5. Add in the honey and season with salt and pepper. Then transfer to a bowl then set aside.
6. Mix together the basil pesto with the cooked penne pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
7. Serve with garlic toast on the side. :)
Note:
-make sure that your basil leaves are fresh because it is the vital part for your pesto.
For the garlic toast, all you need are the following:
- butter
- garlic
- kinchay or Cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- wheat loaf bread or you can use baguette or even the regular pan bread. ^^
Procedure:
1. Place the softened butter in a mixing bowl and add the garlic, kinchay or cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the ends or edges of he bread.
3. Generously spread the butter mixture and toast it until golden brown in color.
* I did not put the measurements in because I feel that it all depends on your own preference on how you want your toast to taste like.. :)
I think we got a 97% for our pasta which is really great! :) Thanks to my group mates who made this :) I had really nothing to do with this dish.. :))
next post- story of the uncooked pizza dough! :) Now this time it is all me.. (^^)"
- garlic
- kinchay or Cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- wheat loaf bread or you can use baguette or even the regular pan bread. ^^
Procedure:
1. Place the softened butter in a mixing bowl and add the garlic, kinchay or cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the ends or edges of he bread.
3. Generously spread the butter mixture and toast it until golden brown in color.
* I did not put the measurements in because I feel that it all depends on your own preference on how you want your toast to taste like.. :)
I think we got a 97% for our pasta which is really great! :) Thanks to my group mates who made this :) I had really nothing to do with this dish.. :))
next post- story of the uncooked pizza dough! :) Now this time it is all me.. (^^)"

No comments:
Post a Comment