Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Puso

Hi everyone! :) I just got back from Cebu where my whole family got to have a vacation for 4 days! ^.^ Instead of sharing with you stories about the trip, I'll just give you bits and pieces! Most of which are about food! :D Like foods and places that can only be found in Cebu! ^^,

The first thing that I want to share with you is what Cebuanos call "Puso".

It is basically a spoonful of rice wrapped with a native leaf and is shaped like a heart or in Cebuano or Tagalog dialect we call puso.

As you can see in the picture above, there is a tiny slit which is where the rice will pop out! :D

The rice is plain white rice and is flavorless... :/ But what do I expect from a Php 2 ($.0465) worth of wonderfully made rice :D

The down side here is that the rice was not warm or steaming, which I think would be a whole lot better! :D And also, some locals say that one should be careful when buying puso because some of which are made without proper food handling knowledge. But, in my opinion, I just bought 3, for the sake of experiencing eating one! :)

A must try when in Cebu! :) Ask locals on where you can buy these because I just saw this being sold on the street, accidentally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails