As of now I am proud to say that I have finished one book for the month of January and the title of the book is "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I know that a lot of people know this story or just even heard about this since, last year, this was made into a movie starring Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin. I was so happy when I saw a copy of this book at booksale and I am also thankful that it was very affordable (Php115.-), I had this title in my to-read list and I was really excited when I saw it at the bookstand. The storyline was great, the author really thought about every single thing that happened. Whenever I read something it always never seems to stop to amaze me on how people inspire me as a reader with their stories that seems so real but isn’t. If I were to really live another life, I would love to be an author but as of this lifetime, I do believe that I am not good in writing a composition. :D
Aside from that, I am still keeping in mind all the things that I said I wish to accomplish this year. I am glad I posted those goals of mine because it is one of the reasons why I am doing my best to achieve it. :D I am currently at the second session of my baptismal class which is handled by Pastor Tessie Chua. The first session was about God’s Revelation and the second one is about God’s Word which is the B-I-B-L-E (yes that’s the book for me; I stand alone in the word of God, the B-I-B-L-E. Do you know this song?) And our next session will be on February 14. We were assigned with books which are about lives of different well-known Christians and mine is about George Műller. I don’t have any idea on who he is but I am excited to find out. I have also gone back to my every-Monday-and-Thursday swimming sessions at YMCA. Today, I swam 23 laps which make me very tired. I am also doing my best to save money even though there are just those particular days that I have the eagerness to splurge on either books or foods... (The two materialistic things I love)
I have a quiz tomorrow on our Personality Development class, I just hope that I will pass and I have another quiz for Culinary Arts. We will also be cooking tomorrow; our dish is Sweet and Sour Pork. I pray that it will taste good and we will be successful in cooking rice without the help of rice cooker. :\
I still have a lot of papers to submit tomorrow so I better go and work on it now... Hope you like my post today... I will do my best to post something again soon... Please pray for me that I won't lose my focus in studying because I know I am...
take care and God bless...


No comments:
Post a Comment