Monday, October 25, 2010

Zong Restaurant

Just today ,we went to Zong Restaurant at The Fort to have a simple lunch with our relatives and here is my short review for this restaurant and all of which are just based on my point of view and palette. It is overwhelming to know Zong Restaurant have won an award for being one of the bet restaurants for the last 6 years. I have been at Zong before but I was still young then and the memory of it all is a blur.

The whole ambiance of the restaurant was nice. They had both round and long tables to offer to their guests which is suitable for meetings or gatherings for any occasion. The service was fine, not great! but fine. Now, I will tell you about their food. We ordered a lot from their menu and most of them are their best-sellers. All I can say is that I wasn't satisfied with the taste of their food (in totality). It's not bad but it was also unsatisfying. I think or believe that one of the reason behind it is that they don't put MSG on their dishes and they only offer natural flavors. One of my favorites (from what we have) will be their Malaysian-Style Green Beans which was really good. While I was eating at Zong, I was thinking of being able to get the dishes wat a lower price range. Zong offers typical Asian dishes which I believe can be found around Manila that will surely cost less. I also think that some of their dishes are only good for small groups of people and if you have a big company with you, you might want to order 2 of each dish. Though, I need to say that the speed of their service was great and once again, the ambiance of the restaurant was nice and calming. Going back to Zong will be okay , only if I really have to, but it won't be on my list of favorites. ^^

Roast Combination Platter

Caramelized Pork Loin**

Malaysian - Style Green Beans*

Crispy Noodles with Seafood

Hotpot of Eggplant*

Singapore - Style Fish Fillet with Pork Floss

Fried Squid with Salt and Pepper

Braised Beef Tapa*

*must-try
**not-that-good

take care and God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails