Monday, February 4, 2013

After A Month...

Wow! Time flew by that fast?!?!?! It has already been a month since I last talked to you guys or myself.. talked to myself it is. I can't believe that January was lost that fast.

Since my last post, a ton of things also happened and I was able to accomplish a few things from my Goals and Whatnots post (or my last post). My dad got critical again on the first week of January and was once again reintubated. We were really scared for him at that time, but long story short, with God's amazing grace and love, he is finally home, after staying in the hospital for the longest time of two and a half months. ^.^ I am still stunned, dumbfounded, amazed, in awe of God's mercy and love for my dad and our family. We have surely been through a lot these past few months but we are positively looking forward for the months to come! 

While my dad was hospitalized, I had some time to read and start with my 12 book goal this year. Blessedly, I was able to finish 2 books! :) I guess this is just a starter's luck or beginning-of-the-year excitement to accomplish something. The next 10 books will now be the problem! :) I finished these two books:


I was able to read them through our iPad with the help of shop4ebook.tumblr.com, which is an online ebook store that sells ebooks for only Php 10! You should check out her site and browse through her wide array of titles! :) On the other hand, to sum up my review of the books, The Fault In Our Stars (TFIOS) for me is overrated but is a good read. I just find it overrated in the sense that it was the talk of the town for some time last year and I don't see why. While, Love Virtually, is quite an unexpected read, I thought it was some king of Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern kind of book but it isn't, it is more serious and (spoiler alert!) it has a sequel that I can't get hold of a copy just now! :) I like how short, concise and sensible each book was written. And since my dad was at the ICU, I was able to read TFIOS in 24 hours, Love Virtually, for 2 days! I was so happy then, but now I have a readers block but I will do my best to knock it down and continue reading more books (e-books that is).

I still haven't gone to church this year because I am somewhat in full time with taking care of my dad but I make sure that I do my devotions and reading of God's word the best that I can, it may not be everyday but I am really trying my best. (Now that I think about it, I feel ashamed that I am able to read books and finish it and not my Father's Word. Shame on me.) Will have to try harder and spend more time with Him! I Promise!

With losing weight (deep breathe), now it's a lot harder. Now that I am taking care of my dad, I am not able to focus or think about what I am eating. My mentality becomes "Since I am tired, I don't care how much is on my plate! I'm gonna eat my heart out!" But, thank God, because I let myself have some blood works done and everything seems to be fine, no diabetes (which is the one I fear the most to have), and everything else is also in the normal range.  I had a pledge this month though, and that is not to have the love of my life in to my tummy. It is non other than, MILK TEA!! :) I will do my best to add in SODA and JUICE and SUGAR this month. I made it a month because I wanna know how much I can endure. I mean my losing weight might take a long time to happen but I will get there. I promised my dad. 100lbs! ^.^ 加油!

So these are the updates I have so far.. Definitely have been spending a lot of time with my family and have no regrets! ^.^ Be positive.

Sending all the positive vibes, feelings, auras to all of you! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails