Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals and whatnots

This year I would like to make much more attainable goals for me. But I'm not sure if they should be specific or in general. For example, my first goal would be to lose weight. Then I wonder if I should state the amount of weight I want to lose or just stick with the idea of losing it. Because, I find it discouraging and disappointing to set specific goals and find out in the end that you didn't succeed in attaining it, rather than having the thought or feeling that, hey, I lost weight. 

Hmm.. So much ranting for that so lets just see what my goals would be for the year 2013, may it be specific or general. 

Lose weight. I promised my dad that I would lose a 100 lbs. There isn't really a timeline for this but that doesn't mean that I won't take this promise seriously. Seeing him in the hospital and going through a lot of medical conditions scare me and makes me think of a lot of "what-ifs" with my own health and future. So! Lose weight! Eat less. Eat healthier. Though, above all this, stay happy.

Read 12 books and make it happen. For the past 2 years, I have been trying to make myself meet the goals I have when it comes to the number of books I read but I just can't make it by one title. :( It always ends up that way, I am always unable to get my 12th book read before the year ends. This year, I will make it happen.

Spend most of my time with people I love. More specifically, my family. The past few months of last year also made me realize that family is family. They are just the most wonderful precious blessing our God has given us. Will make sure that I will spend more time with them and make them all happy and stay that way. It can be a bit hard since a family won't be complete without fights and misunderstandings but I will do my best to refrain from it. I will.

Friends. It is quite true that it doesn't matter of you have a few or a lot of friends with you. What matters is that they are true and would always be there for you. Getting older let you realize a lot of things, (I'm feeling mature at the moment), and one of which is you only really need a few good and true friends who would tell you good and bad things they see in you. They might be harsh and all but its better to be told about it to your  face rather than behind your back.

Go to church and be active. Last year, I wasn't on my best when it comes to my faith and relationship with God. I was not that active in my fellowship group and my relationship with God was not at its best. This year, I will make it a point that it will be greater than last year and whatever I can do for my Church, I would offer wholeheartedly as long as I can and He will use me as His tool to bring light and joy to other people.

Positivity. No matter what this year will give and bring to me. I promise to see the positive note of it and hold on to my faith and believe that God has a great plan for my life and of the lives of the people around me. Everyday, I will make it a point to see the good in things. The previous year gave me and us a lot of hardships, but when you are down and low, the only way left is UP!

Motto for my goals. I can. I will. I will make it happen with God's help.

So............. I guess these are my simple, attainable, general to specific goals for the year 2013. 2012 taught me a lot of things and has made me appreciate more important stuff than the those materialistic things I sometimes still think of. To have true happiness, one must open their eyes and hearts to things that are simple and free. Blessings and happiness are not the things that are bought. They are the things that we can remember forever and just treasure for a long time.

How's your 2013 so far? Hope you are enjoying and making each day and moment count. God bless you! 

Lots of love, hugs and some kisses...

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. New post at last! :D Simple but yet truly meaningful and inspiring new year's resolutions! I wish na mag-come true yan lahat lahat, just believe in yourself that you can do all those things, and eventually you will with the help of course of Our Lord who strengthens us always! :D I'll be also around too just in case you need any sidekick! Hahaha.. God bless your 2013! ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. thanks Jeannine! but you are no sidekick, you are simply my great friend, who is always there for me! :) God bless your 2013 too.. :*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails