Monday, May 21, 2012

Solar Eclipse

My dad told my mom to wake me up to witness the solar eclipse that happened around 6AM. As of what I can recall, my mom said that the sun is half already and I was shocked :)))) Anyways, I tried to take some clear good shots of it using my own digital camera and with the help of an x-ray result! ^.^

  
I have used my maximum optical zoom so every shot was very much pixelated. T.T



According to Mr.Wiki a solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the Moon fully or partially blocks the Sun. This can happen only during a new moon, when the Sun and the Moon are in conjunction as seen from Earth. In a total eclipse, the disk of the Sun is fully obscured by the Moon. In partial and annular eclipses only part of the Sun is obscured. 




What happened this morning was a partial eclipse and that there will be a total eclipse (of my heart?) on November 13 this year and another partial one on May 10, 2013. ^.^



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails