Monday, January 23, 2012

Chap Chae (Jap Chae) - failed

Did you know that my internship is over?! And because of that, I planned to cook Chap Chae today. By the way, 恭喜發財 or Happy Chinese New Year! 


I think I failed in cooking this dish. :( I did follow a certain recipe plus my instinct but I guess I failed. You may ask, "Why I think so?". Well it is because my Chap Chae was too dark, the noodles that is. But the flavor was also lacking. Overall, it was edible but not satisfying. :)) At the same time, I feel like I am being hard on myself haha..

And since it was edible, I might as well share the recipe for all of you to try and tweak. ^.^

250 g. mung bean noodles or glass noodles, cooked according package instructions
1/2 cup light soy sauce
3 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
2 cups fresh or dried shitake mushrooms
a few shrimps (used in replacement for beef)
carrots, julienned
spinach leaves
bell pepper, julienned

Procedure:
Cook the mung bean noodles according to packaging instructions then set aside.

On a wok, stir-fry the garlic, onions, shrimp, carrots, mushroom, bell pepper and spinach. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil. 

Lastly, add in the noodles and season to taste. 


It is quite easy to make but i still have to practice and try cooking this again. Wish me luck in having a better outcome next time. ^.^ If you have any comments or suggestion, please!! tell me.. ^.^ Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails