Well, after a week of school, I sure do have a lot of things to do but here's an update for you guys ^.^
Last last Sunday was my 18th birthday, and we celebrated it at Yakimix (a buffet restaurant/ shabu2 with grill kind of Japanese/ Korean restaurant) and I must really admit that I HATED IT! The service was not that good and the food was not-so-great!!! You see, my brother got some noodles from the buffet station and when he sat down and gave it to my sister-in-law, my sister-in-law saw a huge cockroach in it!!!As in a whole one... GOSH!!! so much for their reputation! It was not only that, as my brother called one of their waitresses and pointed to the plate without uttering any word, the waitress told my brother that "Sir, we do not allow leftovers.".. My brother became so mad at that time, because it wasn't about the leftover but about the cockroach and so what the waitress did was she took the plate and left without saying sorry.. And the rest is history! In short, we just really had a bad experience and maybe that is the top reason why we don't want to ever step foot on that establishment ever again... BUT another thing that I did not like about the establishment was that the food choices were quite few.. there were a lot of sushi, though I consider it being in just one group which is "SUSHI"..... And their choices for cook foods were just around 8... again... I just really did not like my experience there... If you would like to have your own experience or make reservation at Yakimix, here are their contact numbers: +632-3878120 / 632-3878112. And if you like to read a good review about them here is a link that might help: http://www.metrorestoreview.com/reviews/2009/03/10/yakimix/
Aside from that, I fell/"nadapa" during my birthday and it really hurt! My left foot even got swollen.. (sad) but it's better now ^^
After that day, it was time to go back to school and go under the stress of being a student... All that I can say is that school is bittersweet and all... good and bad things happen and I know that those things are just part of life...
So let's fast forward to Saturday.. ^^ Last Saturday was one of the best days of my life. My high school friends(Jeannine, jenny, jia lu, jerome, marianne, maribelle, angellyn and allister) and I went to Robinsons Place Manila to celebrate my 18th birthday as well as Jerome's birthday the day before... I thank God because even though it was the Feast of the Black Nazarene, we did not have any problem in our transportation (LRT1) going to and coming from Robinsons, the train was even empty on our way to the mall ^^...
Whenever it is my birthday, I want to make it a tradition that my friends go out and I treat them lunch or dinner or anything that I can afford! I decided to treat them at Gumbo this year :D! But before that, we first watched a movie and it sure was a great movie - Alvin and The Chipmunks (The Squeakel) - though it was too short and we wanted to watch it again, time did not permit us :| We finished the movie around 4.30pm and since we were all still full from the buckets of popcorn we ate, we decided to go to Tom's World and have some fun/work-out..hahaha...After that, we decided to go to Gumbo even though we were still full.. LOL... I ordered carbs as in meals full of carbohydrates :D Pizza, 2 petite ahh... Jambalaya and Lasagna and drinks...At first, I thought that it will surely be not enough for us since there were 9 of us but in the end it was enough! It was shocking! ^^.. And while we were munching the bits and pieces of everything, I or we (including Jerome) were surprised that the servers of Gumbo started coming in and singing us happy songs, or happy birthday songs Gumbo style :D I was expecting that to happen but I wasn't expecting them to bring out a huge cake! What I was expecting was something more like a scoop of ice cream with a stick of candle on top... The cake was from Secret Recipe, then and there I knew why it took so long for Marianne, Maribelle, Angellyn and Allister to go to the restroom before everything happened... The cake was wonderful, it had two candles on it, the pink one for me while the blue one for Jerome. They kept on telling us to blow the candle and so we did, not knowing that those were tricky candles or what they call long life candles, the candles that never get out of light... So after blowing the candles for one last time, we sliced the cake into 10 big equal parts and divided it to everyone... And the last slice goes to Edward and co. (our server that night)... I forgot to tell you that the cake was Choco Fudge, it is a huge huge cake and according to their menu it weighs more than a kilo so you do the imagination part :D.. As soon as I receive the pictures we've taken from Marianne or Maribelle, I will add it here in my post :) After giving up on finishing our slices of cake, they accompanied me to Bread Talk to buy my family some "pasalubong" :) And after that we went home and had an unforgettable day to remember for the rest of our lives :) THE END!
Some actions have been taken ever since I posted my goals for this year...
- A baptismal class has been offered by SSP and I have registered my name :)
- I am now a member of YMCA for the use of their swimming pool and i did swim a while ago.. (30 laps to be exact) :D -hope this helps
- I also am trying my best to read the Bible everyday and every night with the help of "Reading your Bible through a year".
- I am working hard to discipline myself to buy things that I need and not things that I want, in order to save money. ^^
I have a lot of things to do and I feel like I have very little time... That's all for now guys.. hope you enjoy reading my posts..
take care and God bless!

Last last Sunday was my 18th birthday, and we celebrated it at Yakimix (a buffet restaurant/ shabu2 with grill kind of Japanese/ Korean restaurant) and I must really admit that I HATED IT! The service was not that good and the food was not-so-great!!! You see, my brother got some noodles from the buffet station and when he sat down and gave it to my sister-in-law, my sister-in-law saw a huge cockroach in it!!!As in a whole one... GOSH!!! so much for their reputation! It was not only that, as my brother called one of their waitresses and pointed to the plate without uttering any word, the waitress told my brother that "Sir, we do not allow leftovers.".. My brother became so mad at that time, because it wasn't about the leftover but about the cockroach and so what the waitress did was she took the plate and left without saying sorry.. And the rest is history! In short, we just really had a bad experience and maybe that is the top reason why we don't want to ever step foot on that establishment ever again... BUT another thing that I did not like about the establishment was that the food choices were quite few.. there were a lot of sushi, though I consider it being in just one group which is "SUSHI"..
Aside from that, I fell/"nadapa" during my birthday and it really hurt! My left foot even got swollen.. (sad) but it's better now ^^
After that day, it was time to go back to school and go under the stress of being a student... All that I can say is that school is bittersweet and all... good and bad things happen and I know that those things are just part of life...
So let's fast forward to Saturday.. ^^ Last Saturday was one of the best days of my life. My high school friends(Jeannine, jenny, jia lu, jerome, marianne, maribelle, angellyn and allister) and I went to Robinsons Place Manila to celebrate my 18th birthday as well as Jerome's birthday the day before... I thank God because even though it was the Feast of the Black Nazarene, we did not have any problem in our transportation (LRT1) going to and coming from Robinsons, the train was even empty on our way to the mall ^^...
Whenever it is my birthday, I want to make it a tradition that my friends go out and I treat them lunch or dinner or anything that I can afford! I decided to treat them at Gumbo this year :D! But before that, we first watched a movie and it sure was a great movie - Alvin and The Chipmunks (The Squeakel) - though it was too short and we wanted to watch it again, time did not permit us :| We finished the movie around 4.30pm and since we were all still full from the buckets of popcorn we ate, we decided to go to Tom's World and have some fun/work-out..hahaha...After that, we decided to go to Gumbo even though we were still full.. LOL... I ordered carbs as in meals full of carbohydrates :D Pizza, 2 petite ahh... Jambalaya and Lasagna and drinks...At first, I thought that it will surely be not enough for us since there were 9 of us but in the end it was enough! It was shocking! ^^.. And while we were munching the bits and pieces of everything, I or we (including Jerome) were surprised that the servers of Gumbo started coming in and singing us happy songs, or happy birthday songs Gumbo style :D I was expecting that to happen but I wasn't expecting them to bring out a huge cake! What I was expecting was something more like a scoop of ice cream with a stick of candle on top... The cake was from Secret Recipe, then and there I knew why it took so long for Marianne, Maribelle, Angellyn and Allister to go to the restroom before everything happened... The cake was wonderful, it had two candles on it, the pink one for me while the blue one for Jerome. They kept on telling us to blow the candle and so we did, not knowing that those were tricky candles or what they call long life candles, the candles that never get out of light... So after blowing the candles for one last time, we sliced the cake into 10 big equal parts and divided it to everyone... And the last slice goes to Edward and co. (our server that night)... I forgot to tell you that the cake was Choco Fudge, it is a huge huge cake and according to their menu it weighs more than a kilo so you do the imagination part :D.. As soon as I receive the pictures we've taken from Marianne or Maribelle, I will add it here in my post :) After giving up on finishing our slices of cake, they accompanied me to Bread Talk to buy my family some "pasalubong" :) And after that we went home and had an unforgettable day to remember for the rest of our lives :) THE END!
Some actions have been taken ever since I posted my goals for this year...
- A baptismal class has been offered by SSP and I have registered my name :)
- I am now a member of YMCA for the use of their swimming pool and i did swim a while ago.. (30 laps to be exact) :D -hope this helps
- I also am trying my best to read the Bible everyday and every night with the help of "Reading your Bible through a year".
- I am working hard to discipline myself to buy things that I need and not things that I want, in order to save money. ^^
I have a lot of things to do and I feel like I have very little time... That's all for now guys.. hope you enjoy reading my posts..
take care and God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment